500 KOBE ACCELERATOR
Now Accepting applications
500 KOBE ACCELERATOR FAQ
- Q. What is the background of the program?
- A. The 7 week program is designed for Japanese and international startup companies that want to learn from 500 Startups’ global team of mentors and network of entrepreneurs. The program is funded by the Kobe Government and sponsors.
- Q. Are there any fees for this program?
- A. No, there are no fees for participating in the program.
- Q. What level of English is required for attendees?
- A. This program is provided in English, however translations are available:
Simultaneous translation for the sessions and interpreters for the 1 on 1 mentoring.
- Q. Who are the mentors?
- A. The mentors are drawn from 500’s global team and network of entrepreneurs. Speakers are still being added, so the full list is not yet available.
- Q. How long does the program last?
- A. The program will last for 7 weeks, with a 2 week break in the middle. Please note that participants in the program in Kobe, Japan will receive mentoring, growth hacking learnings, and access to 500 Startups’ extensive ecosystem without financial support or investment from the firm.
- Q. When is the application deadline?
- A. The applications due date has been extended to July 1st, 2017.
ABOUT THE SCHEDULE
- Q. What is the timeline of this program?
- A. Applications are open until May 31, 2017. The program itself runs from August 21, 2017 to October 10, 2017, with a two-week break in the middle.
ABOUT STAYING IN KOBE
- Q. How does full time and part time participation work?
- A. The program is open to startups working full time. Full time participants have access to an office 7 days a week and for the duration of the program to interact with the mentors around the clock. Only approved participants can work part time, which is designed for teams that will spend 2 days a week at the Kobe Accelerator (for example, Wednesdays and Thursdays), which is ideal for teams based in other cities.
- Q. Do I need to take time off from work to attend this program?
- A. The program is designed for startup companies that are working full time. Part time participation in the program is available mainly for teams that are based in cities other than Kobe or have business reasons to be outside of the city.
- Q. Is there anything scheduled on the weekends?
- A. There are no sessions on weekends.
- Q. Can I stay in Kobe during the two-week break?
- A. You are welcome to remain in Kobe for the break to work on your company but can also travel during this time.
- Q. What accommodation is available for participants?
- A. It will not be available this year.
ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES & QUALIFICATION
- Q. What startups qualify for this program?
- A. Applications are now open to Japanese and international startups in the seed stage. Funding is not provided, so companies must be able to procure outside funds.
We are looking for: startups in seed stage, in the following fields: B2B, B2C, E-Commerce, FinTech, EdTech, HealthTech, IoT, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, SaaS and Messaging services. Conditions: Startups with some traction, and which already have a working product.
- Q. How do I know if I am qualified to apply?
- A. The 500 Kobe Accelerator program is designed for start-ups at the seed or early-growth stage. Having a working product and necessary team members already is recommended. However, depending on your team, product, or service, we may select your team as early as the idea stage. Additionally, we may in some cases accept companies regardless of how long they have been established, their funding, or their investors and are open to both individuals and corporate teams.
- Q. How many team members can join a team?
- A. We accept startups at all stages. However, multiple team members are preferable.
- Q. Who evaluates the teams?
- A. The applications will be reviewed by a team from 500 Startups in conjunction with the City of Kobe. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide feedback to each team that applies.
- If you have any other specific questions about the program, please reach out to us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- *We will make all reasonable efforts to answer your questions. However, given the limited resources, we may not be able to answer all of your questions.