2019 PROGRAM SCHEDULE
Week 1: Sales
- B2B and B2C sales sessions.
- Shortening their sales cycle.
- Scaling techniques.
- Fine tuning revenue goals.
Week 2: Growth Marketing
- 500 is excited to bring in some of its world-class experts in startup growth and distribution for a week focused on growth hacking.
- Sessions will focus on introduction to marketing techniques used by the 500 distribution team. Email and digital marketing will be discussed in-depth by mentors, as well as sales and scaling, pricing and market positioning, and retargeting/remarketing.
- Office hours will be held for the startups to discuss and work with the mentors.
- Fireside chats and lunch talks with the mentors will be open to the public and happen throughout the week.
Week 3 & 4: THE STARTUP SPRINT!
- These weeks will give the startups in the Kobe Accelerator a chance to revisit their goals and incorporate what they have learned from the mentors, talks, and their fellow startups and into their companies.
- Each startup will have experiments to implement from the Growth & Distribution sessions and this recess will provide a good opportunity to schedule a variety of tests and their effect on their target market.
- This is also a great time to schedule meetings that may require travel, and the co-working space will remain open for the duration of these two weeks.
Week 5: Fundraising
- Capital raising.
- Discuss best practices, tactics, and strategies for fundraising in Japan and worldwide.
- Mock investor interviews.
Week 6: Pitch Prep
- Preparation sessions for Demo Day.
- Creating a compelling pitch.
- Learning how to reiterate why your company is a great investment.
Week 7: Demo Day
- On December 16th the startups will have a chance to present their companies to investors and guests from 500's network at the Demo Day!
* Schedule will be finalized to best meet the needs of the participants and is subject to change.
Health-Tech startups will benefit from the following customized support;
- 1:1 office hours with mentors who are experienced in healthcare
- Field trips to visit various healthcare companies and the Kobe Biomedical Innovation Cluster
- Guest speakers from the healthcare industry to share challenges and opportunities of building a business in the Japanese healthcare sector