500 Startups Kobe Accelerator
for COVID-19 Emerging Technology
@Online From September 7 to October 30, 2020
* Application is now closed. Thank you for your application.
The spread of COVID-19 has not only taken a toll on human health, but has also wreaked havoc on economies and disrupted social life. This raises the need to develop solutions to mitigate the widespread consequences of the pandemic, including preventive health tools, accurate tracking of infections, remote medical care, remote work and study, and efficient food distribution, among others.
The fifth 500 KOBE accelerator program will focus on supporting startups in their quest to solve these pressing issues.
We believe that the technology that comes out of this program will set a new standard as we prepare for the post-pandemic world.
- Telemedicine Support
- Disease testing solutions
- Emergency information transmission and false information detection
- Solutions for personal hygiene, disinfection and public safety
- Geo-tracking during a disaster
- Safe food supply and delivery technology etc.
- Remote Work and e-Learning Support
- Online event management and operations
- Medical data sharing and privacy protection solution
- Health Management Support
- Automation and sensor technology etc.
Kobe City has been partnering with San Francisco-based venture capital firm 500 Startups since 2016. It has supported 71 startups in total, providing mentorship and funding in excess of ¥10 billion. In light of COVID-19, the accelerator will host its fifth program virtually.
Our first, second and third programs have focused broadly on technology, and healthtech was the theme of our fourth program. This year the focus will be on startups and technologies that are tackling the many challenges that have become apparent in the disruption caused by COVID-19.
500 Startups is one of the world’s most active early-stage investment firms. Since its inception in Silicon Valley, 500 Startups has invested in over 2,400 companies across more than 75 countries. Through a eight-week practical program that includes one-on-one coaching from a global team of experts, we aim to build a thriving Japanese startup ecosystem in Kobe. This program welcomes startups from all over the world.
Though participants were needed to stay in Kobe in the previous batches, all programs will be conducted online this year! You can participate from anywhere in the world.
We are creating our own program taking advantage of nature of the virtual program.
- Lecture videos created by 500 Startups for this program
- 1-on-1 online mentoring sessions considering a time difference
- Community building through video conference
You'll get access to mentors from the 500 Startups global team and partners. Mentors will be available for 1:1 meetings and can share wisdom from the Silicon Valley entrepreneurial experience.
Lectures from members of the 500 team and notable guests on marketing, monetization, product design and more.
Work with your team as part of a carefully selected community of awesome startups!
Overview of the past 500Kobe Accelerator Progams:past 3 years
- total participants
- All programs will be conducted online.
- About 20 teams
- Application period
- Due to popular demand, Deadline Extended!
- 1st half of program
- Guided Coaching Period
- We are planning to hold “KOBE Week” in this period
- 2nd half of program
- Online Demoday
- Schedule will be finalized to best meet the needs of the participants and is subject to change.